Chiffon Cupcakes are very different from the regular cupcakes you usually bake. Chiffon cupcakes are very soft and fluffy. When they cool down, they shrink. Try and make a batch sometime and I bet you can’t resist it. Before you know it, all the cupcakes are gone.
- Total Time: 1 hr (includes cooling time)
- Use Electric Mixer
(Egg Yolk Batter)
- 6 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 80ml cooking oil
- 80ml milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 egg whites
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- First, separate the egg yolk and egg white into two separate large bowls.
- Add sugar into the bowl with egg yolks. Beat them with an electric mixer until white like mayonnaise. Add cooking oil and milk, then mix well with an electric mixer. Sift in the all-purpose flour and mix well with a whisk.
- Next, make the meringue, whip egg whites and half of the granulated sugar with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Then add the rest of the granulated sugar and whip them until firm peaks form. *If it’s thick enough, you can turn the bowl upside down without it sliding out.
- Then you add 1/3 of the Meringue into the Egg Yolk Batter and blend well with a whisk. Then add the rest of the Meringue 1/2 at a time and mix well with a spatula. Preheat the oven to 170C (338F). Spoon the mixture into the cups up to 70% full. Bake cupcake cups for 15-20 minutes. When they are done, place them on a wire rack and leave to cool.