Youtube video of how to make tiramisu at the bottom of the page!
AN ALL TIME FAVORITE DESSERT FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY!!!
Ingredients for a 7×11 in dish:
- 6 Egg Yolks
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 2/3 cup milk
- 6 Egg White or (replace with 1 1/2 cup heavy cream)
- 1 pound mascarpone cheese
- 1/4 cup brewed coffee, room temperature
- 2 packages ladyfinger cookies
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons rum (Optional)
- First separate the egg white and egg yolk in two separate bowls.
- In a big bowl, whisk egg yolks and sugar until well blended. Whisk in milk, stir slowly until well blended.
- In medium bowl with egg white, add a pitch of salt and whisk until stiff peaks form. Whisk mascarpone cheese into yolk mixture and after you add the whipped cream in slowly and mix it in one direction until smooth.
- In a small bowl, pour in the coffee, you could add milk and sugar and make the coffee as you like. Add rum in the coffee (Optional). Dip the ladyfingers one at a time, dip each in and take it out immediately or it will be too soggy.
- Arrange the ladyfingers in the 7×11 inch dish. Add half the mixture in. Then repeat the layers and put in the rest of the mixture in. Sprinkle the top with unsweeten cocoa powder. Cover with plastic wrap and put in the refrigerator for 4 to 6 hours or overnight.