The weather is really dry these days, so I want to cook a dessert that is nourishing and refreshing. This dessert is very simple and the ingredients are easy to find, also it is not too difficult to make.
- 2 dried white fungus(雪耳), aka snow ear fungus
- 1 (500g) Papaya, cut into bite size
- 1 tbsp south almond (南杏), aka sweet apricot kernels
- 60g rock sugar or as you prefer
- 10 1/2 cup water
- Soak snow ear fungus in water for half to an hour or until it softened and roughly doubled in size. Discard water. Trim the firm part from its bottom.
- Tear or cut the fungus into smaller pieces resembling petals. Wash them in a colander under running to remove any dirt. Drain dry.
- Wash almonds, soak them in water for about 15 minutes. Discard water.
- Put the almond, white fungus, Papaya, and sugar into a pot of water and bring to a boil, then put to medium to low heat and cook for 30mins- 1hr.
- It’s ready to eat
- Choose a papaya that is not too ripe, or it will turn mashy after boiled.