Mango is a fruit rich in vitamin A,B,C and calcium. Making a fruit into a beautiful dessert for afternoon tea is a pleasure.
- 2 mangoes
- about 225 g glutinous rice flour
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup dried shredded coconut
- Peel one mango. Dice it. Put into a blender. Add about 1/2 cup water and blend until fine. Set aside.
- Mix evaporated milk and cornstarch. Set aside.
- Peel the remaining mango. Dice it. Put into a small pot. Add sugar and cook over low heat until sugar dissolves. Pour in the cornstarch mixture from Step 2. Heat over low heat while stirring continuously. Cook until it thickens. Set aside to let cool. This is the filling.
- Mix mango juice from Step 1 and glutinous rice flour well. Divide into portions. Wrap each portion with some filling. Knead round or any shapes. Cook in boiling water until done. Drain and coat with shredded coconut. Serve.
- Always choose ripe mangoes that are long in shape. They taste sweeter.