Ingredients: Recipe for 2-3 servings.
- 6pcs chicken middle wings plus wing tips
- 1 medium bowl of icy cold water
- 100 gm rock sugar
- 2 tbsp Lee Kum Kee dark soy sauce
- 1/4 cups Lee Kum Kee light soy sauce
- 1 tsp Shaoxing wine
- 1 cup water
- 1 spring onion
- 3 slices ginger
- Bring a saucepan of water to boil, around 3-4 cups of water will be enough.
- When water has come to a boil. Put in chicken wings, and let them cook for 1 minute or until the skin firms up and the bones have set its shape..
- Remove from the water and dunk them into ice cold water immediately. Let them sit in the cold water for 5 minutes.
- Combine the poaching liquid ingredients together in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Lower to a simmer and let it cook until the rock sugar has all melted. Keep the pot covered as you simmer.
- Remove ginger and spring onion from the liquid and put in chicken wings. Let it gently simmer for 15 minutes(lid off). My poaching liquid was enough to cover my chicken. (no high heat used to bring back to boil)
- Remove the wings from the poaching liquid and serve.