Sweet Potato Soup is a very popular Chinese dessert soup. I loved drinking it when I was little and I still do now. If you feel cold and want something hot to drink, this is just the right dessert soup for you because it will keep you warm and cozy. But you could also drink it cold too, during the summer time. It’s just a dessert soup that you won’t get tired of. Hope you like it!
Ingredients: Recipe good for 4 servings.
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 inch piece of ginger, skinned and sliced
- 1 slab Chinese dark brown sugar (or Chinese brown sugar)
- 3 1/2 cups of water
- Peel the sweet potatoes, wash clean, and cut into bite sized pieces.
- Skin the ginger, and cut into 3 slices
- Pour the water into a medium pot and bring to a boil.
- Add the sweet potatoes, ginger, and sugar into the water and lower the heat. Simmer for 20 mins or until the sweet potatoes are soften.
- It’s ready to serve hot or cold.