- 2 lbs. free range drumsticks
- 1/4 lemon
- 3 Tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp white rice wine
- 2 Tbsp honey
- white pepper, to taste
- Rinse drumsticks and wipe dry with paper towels. Use a needle to insert drumsticks on all surfaces and help absorb marinade.
- Mix marinade with drumsticks well. Cover and place in fridge for 1 to 2 hours. The longer the drumsticks are marinated, the richer the flavor they would absorb. Marinade for overnight if permitted.
- Preheat oven to 180C (356F).
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil on a fry pan. Add drumsticks and cook until all surfaces lightly brown. Transfer to a baking pan. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes. Then turn the other side and continue to cook for another 10 minutes. Brush them with honey and bake for another 5 minutes until cooked through. Insert a needle in the thickest part. If clear liquid runs out, it’s done. Serve hot with lemon juice.
- Try to use free range chicken drumsticks. The taste is far better than those caged ones. If you can use organic drumsticks, it’s the best choice. It might cost a bit more, yet it’s worth every dollar.
- Either place the drumsticks on the middle rack of oven, or in the broiler compartment. Keep an eye on them when baking because you don’t want your drumsticks get burnt before being cooked through.
- As the power of every oven varies considerably, you have to adjust the time of baking.